Update: As of April 22, 2019, Green Tourism Canada is now Sustainable Tourism.
Wondering how you can get involved with World Environment Day on June 5, 2017?
Why Get Involved?
- Inform – It’s a great moment to demonstrate what your business / organization is doing to act in support of the environment
- Inspire – It’s a way to inspire staff within your organization and partners / suppliers about how to get involved and be more environmentally friendly at work, and at home.
- Have an Impact – For businesses and organizations, World Environment Day is a great moment to reflect on the progress that has been made and what more could be done to further the environmental objectives of the organization / business.
Here are “8 Ideas to Inspire You” from World Environment Day and Green Tourism Canada
- Use World Environment Day as a platform for your key issue – Use the day to get people out and involved in your priority issue.
- Get all staff involved – Have a lunchtime talk or get staff out doing a clean-up. Think big about an idea that gets staff excited to join in.
- Be the change, make a new pledge -Why not make a new pledge that your organization or company will function more sustainably, like measuring your carbon footprint
- Travel green and clean – Ask staff to leave the car at home and cycle or car pool to reduce their carbon footprint for World Environment Day.
- Go green – Join Green Tourism!
- Mobilize your networks – Message staff, suppliers and partners about WED – facebook, twitter, SMS, text, phone, email – it doesn’t matter how, just get the word out.
- Green your office – Make a corporate pledge to function more sustainably by reducing energy and water usage, bringing in more plants to the office space or recycling to protect the environment.
- Buy local and re-think plastic – Consider where your food in the canteen has come from and the plastic it is packaged in. Is this a chance to reduce plastic and buy local, organic food?