Cedar House Restaurant and Chalets are situated on 10 acres of secluded mountainside, 5 minutes south of Golden, BC. Besides helping guests relax and unwind into the Rocky Mountain lifestyle, here are the top 5 unique green things they do:
- Rooms and common areas have extremely user-friendly recycling facilities
- An onsite garden provides fresh produce for restaurant patrons
- They only use eco-friendly cleaning supplies, either purchased or homeade, such as the popular vinegar + tea tree oil sanitizer. In fact, using vinegar was such a hit they now make wrinkle release/fabric refresher with vinegar, water and a touch of fabric softener. They continue to try new combinations of essential oils, natural sterilizers and dryer balls.
- They maintain the grounds and trail networks around The Cedar House and promote active transportation such as cycling
- They clearly outline how their guests can be environmentally responsible during their stay on their website.
Why Cedar House Chalets chose green certification:
We chose certification to help attract guests with similar values and respect for nature. Sustainable Tourism has recognized our efforts already in practice, offered options to further our green efforts and influences visitors to follow in our footsteps while staying with us as well as after returning home. “