Resources for Pledge Signatories
Public Commitment Example
[Organization Name] has signed the Sustainable Tourism 2030 Pledge, to demonstrate our commitment to improving our sustainability score between now and 2030.
The UN World Tourism Organization defines sustainable tourism as “tourism that takes full account of its current and future economic, social and environmental impacts, addressing the needs of visitors, the industry, the environment and host communities.”
Each year, we commit to measuring and improving our sustainability performance in the following ways:
[input a few sustainability initiatives you might already be working on here, or use the self-assessment and sustainability scorecard for ideas – some examples could include:
- Support local entrepreneurs and the community by developing a sustainable purchasing policy
- Partner with local cultural and natural heritage organizations and sites to promote the unique cultural and natural heritage of our destination
- Conduct an accessibility and inclusivity audit to ensure we meet the needs of all visitors
- Measure our energy consumption and identify ways to improve our energy efficiency, lower costs, and reduce our carbon footprint
- Sign on to Tourism Declares and develop a Climate Action Plan
Feel free to personalize this public commitment as you see fit. You could include a quote about why your organization is committed to becoming more sustainable, any sustainability-related initiatives you are already working on, or messages that speak directly to your guests. Visit our signatories page to see examples from other businesses and destinations who have signed.